Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

The 3 types of fingerprints

 There are 3 types of fingerprints a person can have. Some are more common than others, the rarest being:

Arch

These fingerprints are the rarest, appearing only in 5% of the population. Looking almost like rising and falling hills, some also look like pointed tents. These are the least common fingerprints.

Loops

Loops are the most common fingerprint, appearing in 60 - 65% of the population. They are ridges that enter on one side of the finger, curving around and leaving on the other side.

Whorls

Whorls appear in 30 - 35% of the population. They are usually rounded in shape and have at least one full circle.

Lifting fingerprints


Aim: To learn how to lift hidden fingerprints from an object.


1. Lifting and Gathering fingerprints.


Equipment:

Method:

  1. Put your finger print on somthing.

  2. dip to brush into the fingerprint dusting powder.

  3. lightly dust were the print was.

  4. pick up the print with clear tape

  5. transfer it to another surface

  6. Examine it


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!